Hi! My name is Max and this is my blog (duh!).
I’m a software engineer based in Berlin, Germany.
My passion is building open-source systems and communities. Ever since I started to contribute to open-source projects, I felt it’s how software develops most organically. I’m contributing to open-source software mainly in the distributed systems and database field. I’ve had the honor to help develop and improve the following projects:
- Scalaris, a distributed transactional key/value store written in Erlang.
- Yoka, a tool to run big data performance tests on cloud infrastructure.
- Apache Flink, a distributed stream processing system with focus on reliability, correctness, and performance.
- Apache Beam, a unified API to implement batch and streaming applications for a range of different execution backends.
- CrateDB, a distributed SQL database for real-time queries on large amounts of data.
I’m an IntelliJ IDEA and Emacs user.
Besides coding and technology, music and playing the guitar are truly important parts of my life.