Hi! My name is Max and this is my blog (duh!).
I’m a software engineer based in Berlin, Germany. My passions are building open-source systems and their communities.
Ever since I started contributing to open-source projects I felt it’s how software develops most organically. I’ve made contributions to open-source software mainly in the distributed systems and database field. I’ve helped to improve the following projects:
- Scalaris, a distributed transactional key/value store written in Erlang.
- Yoka, a tool to run big data performance tests on cloud infrastructure.
- Apache Flink, a distributed stream processing system with focus on reliability, correctness, and performance.
- CrateDB, a distributed SQL database for real-time queries on structured and unstructured data.
- Apache Beam, a programming model for batch and streaming applications, with a range of different execution engines.
Besides coding and technology, music and playing the guitar are what occupies my mind.