Hi! My name is Max. I’m a software engineer and consultant based in Berlin, Germany.
My passions are:
- solving user/customer needs
- building distributed systems
- open-source projects and their communities.
I hold a Master’s degree in computer science.
Since 2014, I’ve been working full-time on developing, trouble-shooting, and maintaining open-source distributed data processing systems.
I’m a member of both the Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Beam / Apache Flink Project Management Committees.
Here is a list of projects which I have actively developed:
- Apache Flink, a distributed stream processing system with focus on reliability, correctness, and performance.
- Apache Beam, a multi-language framework for batch and streaming pipelines, with a range of different execution engines.
- CrateDB, a distributed SQL database for real-time queries on structured and unstructured data.
- Scalaris, a distributed transactional key/value store written in Erlang.
- Yoka, a tool to run big data performance tests on cloud infrastructure.
Besides coding and technology, I enjoy rock climbing, listening to music, and playing the guitar.